Sunday, July 1, 2007

Odd Opportunities

Sorry I didn't write yesterday. I actually had a weird day. It pretty much started on "Friday night" after midnight, so it was Saturday morning.

When I logged on to check my emial before my weekend started, I found a surprise. An e-zine I had sent a submission into sent back an assignment / request. Since it was a magazine, not a romance novel, I used one of my other email names. What was really cool was that when they had trouble with the email address, they used my web site from the query letter to get to my main email name. They actually had to work to find me after my submission, and they did!

I was pretty flattered, so I worked on the assignment they sent into the wee hours of Friday night. Remember, this is not a romance novel, and I don't even know if this publisher is on te RWA recognized list. But none of that matters if it is a real writing assignment and possibly a continuous opportunity.

Saturday Morning I met with someone who made a very lucrative offer for the wildlife refuge. He offered land for the refuge to use to care for our birds and to make a public visitation area . It is not a large amount of land, but it is good land in a good location. Unfortunately it is a bit far from where I live, making it a 45 minute commute each way forme if we move the refuge there. I spent several hours researching and discussing the possibilities.

Then I had to take care of the birds. I had a rescue bird to pick up and a vet to visit aside from the normal daily animal care work. By the time I had finished work for the day, I had a birthday party to attend. I got home late Saturday evening, and was just too tired to blog.

So here I am, Sunday night around midnight writing my blog to try to catch up...

No comments: