Thursday, June 14, 2007

Another day another submission

Good Morning.

Yeah, like 11:15 is morning. Well, when you stay up until 5:30am to work on a submission, I guess 11:15 is considered morning. Now, I need to figure out if I'm bragging or complaining.

I got quite a bit done. This time of year creates lots of obstacles for my writing.
1- I get more injured birds each month between February and July than I do for the entire rest of the year.
2- Thunderstorms hit almost every day, making me have to use my alphasmart instead of my computer. (I can't afford to let my computer get zapped!)
3- Schools want to have me bring the eagle out for their end of year presentations, so I'm doing bird shows until mid June.
4- It's summer out there, and I want to be out in it, not sitting at a desk pecking at a keyboard.

So, the alternative is to get behind the keyboard at night. Like last night. So I worked. But not on the synopsis. No, that's what I was supposed to be doing, so naturally I didn't do it. No I had something else I had to do.

My Critique partner, Tricia emailed me and told me about a line that would be great for some of my writiing. I checked out the web site and looked at the writing she mentioned. It was too short for the guidelines, but there were ways to expand it fairly easily. So, from 9pm until 5am, I wrote, edited, and prepped. Now I have 2 submissions for the line. The submisssions are some of my older work modified to fit the publisher's guidelines. I'll send them out tomorrow...

So, my big thing for this morning is staying up all night writing...And I still don't have that &*%# synopsis done!

1 comment:

Sewicked said...

You mean like all the pages I have yet to edit & move around on the Short Fix & Tobishi? The ones that I have notes on & have not done in a week.