Tuesday, June 26, 2007

ARRRGGGHHH!

Okay, I'm nervous! Not just a little nervous, but dog-gone-it nervous. (Yeah, I'm a bit of a country hick at heart, deal with it.)

I just sent off my two erotic stories to Harlequinn for their "Spice Briefs" line. Now I have 2 partials and 3 full manuscripts out there being read. Not just being read. I have things being read all the time. No, the difference is, these are being read by editors and agents. As in people who can actually get my stuff published.

I have to go back to what Christina Dodd said at the RWA luncheon last year. "Having your first book read is like steping up on stage, pulling down your pants, and waiting for a response."

Well, it's getting a bit drafty up here on stage, and now that so many people are looking at what I've got, it's downright embarrassing too!

So yeah, I'm a bit high strung right about now... Pity any telemarketers who call me right about now...

No comments: