Saturday, June 16, 2007

What light thru yonder window breaks?

What lousy window breaks when light hits it? It must be a backwoods window, who else uses the word 'yonder.' Hmm, I never thought of Shakespeare as a redneck, maybe that's why he wears that huge collar!

But I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. That's a good thing, right? I've heard sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is an exit; other times it's an oncoming train. Could it be both?

In the last few weeks I've had more possibilities of being published than ever before. I've had an agent request a full manuscript, a publisher looking over another story for longer than their normal rejection time. (How do I know their normal rejection time? This is my 4th submission to them.) I had a specific request of interest in another novel from an editor who loves the premise of the book. And I had a strong suggestion from a trusted friend about some short story submissions.

So the light at the end of the tunnel might be an entrance into the next station. It might be an oncoming train here to give me a ride out of the darkness. Heck it might be my flashlight reflected on a glass ceiling. I don't know.

Oooh, how's that for some sappy philosophy? I guess I'm pretty happy now, so it shows in my blogs. I've finally gotten that *&%$ synopsis done, critiqued, double checked, and sent off with the submission! Happy Happy Joy Joy (Although Dawn makes a better dishsoap than Joy, and it helps wildlife too...)

So, now I only have 2 submissions to finish, and 8 novels to go back over and get ready to submit.. Hey, wait, I thought I was done! This is too much like work!

No comments: